5/21/12

Cathcing Fire by Suzanne Collins

Hi guys, I know I have been absent for a long time but I have a really busy schedule, but now I'm here to review the second Hunger Games book, Catching Fire.


from (Google search)
Summary (from Goodreads)Against all odds, Katniss has won the Hunger Games. She and fellow District 12 tribute Peeta Mellark are miraculously still alive. Katniss should be relieved, happy even. After all, she has returned to her family and longtime friend, Gale. Yet nothing is the way Katniss wishes it to be. Gale holds her at an icy distance. Peeta has turned his back on her completely. And there are whispers of a rebellion against the Capitol-- a rebellion that Katniss and Peeta may have helped create.

Much to her shock, Katniss has fueled an unrest she's afraid she cannot stop. And what scares her even more is that she's not entirely convinced she should try. As time draws near for Katniss and Peeta to visit the districts on the Capitol's cruel Victory Tour, the stakes are higher than ever. If they can't prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that they are lost in their love for each other, the consequences will be horrifying.

In Catching Fire, the second novel of the Hunger Games trilogy, Suzanne Collins continues the story of Katniss Everdeen, testing her more than ever before... and surprising readers at every turn.

Well after reading the first book and watching the movie, which I must say I enjoyed, I thought what can happen next? Well this story took me by surprise. Katniss is fighting for her life and we are fighting with her. She believes that the Captiol will not stop until they remove Katniss from this world and her one goal is to keep everyone she knows safe.
This book was written in a great way. I felt I was a part of the story and just watching from above, kind of like being in the Game's control room. In every move someone made I started to think how does this effects our main characters.
Another thing that I loved in this book is (SPOILER HERE)

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
the love triangle that was starting to devolpe in the last book. If you read my last posts you can see I'm a romantic, so the Katniss-Peeta-Gale love triangle added a nice, different scene to the book. I have never been in a love triangle in my life, but I could actually understand what Katniss was feeling which I believe shows the great writting ability of Suzanne Collins.

So if you haven't read this book, go and read it I believe you won't regret it.
This book get 5 starts for the wonderfull story line, the surprises that don't stop comming, the love triangle and the wonderful writting of Suzanne Collins.

well guys, what about you? Did you read the book? If so did you enjoy it?
Can't wait to hear form you,
Noa

1 comment:

  1. Great review! Glad you enjoyed the book, I thought it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete