6/22/12

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

Hi guys,
I read "Amy & Roger's Epic Detour" and I did not expect what I got.


Summary Goodreads
(from Goodreads)
Amy Curry thinks her life sucks. Her mom decides to move from California to Connecticut to start anew--just in time for Amy's senior year. Her dad recently died in a car accident. So Amy embarks on a road trip to escape from it all, driving cross-country from the home she's always known toward her new life. Joining Amy on the road trip is Roger, the son of Amy's mother's old friend. Amy hasn’t seen him in years, and she is less than thrilled to be driving across the country with a guy she barely knows. So she's surprised to find that she is developing a crush on him. At the same time, she’s coming to terms with her father’s death and how to put her own life back together after the accident. Told in traditional narrative as well as scraps from the road--diner napkins, motel receipts, postcards--this is the story of one girl's journey to find herself.







When I ordered this book I thought it will be the typical "Girl-hates- boy-who-hates-the-girl-and-eventually-they-end-up-together" and BOY was I WRONG!!!

       Amy&Roger is a wonderful book about dealing (and no, not like in poker :P ). I know that when you look at the cover you expect it to be a romance book but it is not. IT IS SO MUCH MORE! In the beggining I felt that I was being cheated but once I finished the book I realized that I was not. This book has a totally different point. The process that both Roger and Amy go through was the point.
      The book has pictures and post-cards and playlist in it, that adds so much to the book. It kind of made me feel like I was with them and a part of the story. T
he characters were easy to relate to and the plot was intresting and made me want to read whats next and where will the road take them to. 
      In every chapter I felt like I got to know the characters a little more until I was satisfied, which is not easy with me as a reader.
      I have got to say that this book is a job well done and that Morgan Matson did a wonderful job with the descriptions. I felt like she had been in all of the places and knew exactly what she was talking about, and the back of the book just showed me I was right. She is ,what I call, a devoted writer.

I don't know why, but I am having a hard time rating this book by starts, so just go and read it and decide by yourself, you know you've got my recommendation
Noa

   

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the book! I was worried after your phone calls about it but now I can't wait to read it.
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete