2/18/12

Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols

(from Google Pictures)
Well guys, this is my first post and I hope you will like it. If you do, you are more than welcomed to stay ;)


From the back of the book:
All Meg has ever wanted is to get away. Away from high school. Away from her backwater town. Away from her parents who seem determined to keep her imprisoned in their dead-end lives. But one crazy evening involving a dare and forbidden railroad tracks, she goes way too far...and almost doesn't make it back.
John made a choice to stay. To enforce the rules. To serve and protect. He has nothing but contempt for what he sees as childish rebellion, and he wants to teach Meg a lesson she won't soon forget. But Meg pushes him to the limit by questioning everything he learned at the police academy. And when he pushes back, demanding to know why she won't be tied down, they will drive each other to the edge -- and over....


I got this book for my birthday from my friends. They said they have gotten great recommendations and I can underdstand why. For me, this book talks about the things that keep us from experiencing life. I liked the character of Meg. She is a rebel but she also has a different side to her that we slowly got to know.
I LOVED Officer John After because of the fact that he wasn't perfect, I actually liked the fact that he smokes (which is something I usually hate). One problem I did have with the book is that I didn't really got to know the character until the end.

Bottom line:
A very good book, flirty in some parts deep in the others and the characters are loveable.
This book gets 4 stars because I felt it didn't go as deep as it could.

Noa

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you loved the book! I guess we haven't messed up that time.
    Looking forward to read more of your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. And no U didn't mess up this time :P

      Delete